Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mr. Top 1% of dads

According to a book I got for my birthday, I am in the top 1% of dads-to-be since I plan on bonding with the new babies as much as I can, change all the diapers I can, feed, console, and teach my new family the best that I can, and always look out for them. Not a typical new dad fear or avoidance.

I also spent an evening with other moms at the Moms with multiples meeting (I was the only dad there) and had a great time.

I think that when you are a father expecting multiple children, there is no room for too much fear, anxiety, and avoidance. You just develop an instinct somewhat similar to mom's and go for it.

I can hardly wait. Well, I can because we need the babies to stay in mom as close to term as possible.

Cool.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you guys and how well you are accepting the news of "three". Lot of people would be moaning and groaning!

    Max, what a great message you just posted. I will check here often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accepting feels more like a wonderful blessing. It is a wonderful feeling when you go from a long shot to three!

    ReplyDelete